Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shakespeare on Obama

***From Instapundit

But ’tis a common proof
that lowliness is young ambition’s ladder
whereto the climber upward turns his face
But when he once attains the utmost round,
he then unto the ladder turns his back
looks in the clouds, scorning the base degrees
by which he did ascend. So Caesar may.

***Obama's cooked books. Oh, for some media curiosity...


Obama administration officials may have pressured government contractors to change job loss estimates associated with coal regulations, audio recordings reveal.
The tapes show that unnamed officials with the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement (OSM) asked government contractors to change their calculations of job losses associated with the Stream Protection Rule.
A preliminary draft of an environmental impact statement estimated that up to 7,000 coalminers could lose their jobs under the administration’s “preferred” regulation. After a leaked copy of the report went public, officials asked the contractors to compare job estimates to a model in which another regulation was enforced, rather than the real world numbers.
“It’s not the real world, this is rulemaking,” an OSM official tells a skeptical contractor on the recording.

Business as usual for this crooked bunch.

***7 bizarre diagnoses from House, M.D.  I really liked the first three seasons of House. The 4th season was okay, but I didn't really like the new team members. Starting with season 5, though, it slowly became unwatchable. In the first 3 seasons House was a jerk, but he had a good side and you could sympathize with him. They have evolved him into someone you love to hate, though, and the show became little more than a sleazy soap opera. Just my 2 cents, worth what you paid for it.

***                                              Nice Shot!



***Five ways to organize your office, stylishly. When we're finished with redoing our family room and I get all this stuff out of my office, I intend to reorganize. I'm more efficient when my office is not cluttered. It really does make a difference.

***Facebook slips 11% already? Maybe a bit too much hype, ya think?

***Now that's just tacky: Reagan blood vial up for auction in England.

***                                Gettin' down with my bad self...




***The Girl I Used To Be

She came tonight as I sat alone,
the girl I used to be,
And she gazed at me with her earnest eyes,
and questioned reproachfully,
Have you forgotten the many plans,
and hopes I had for you?
The great career,
the splendid fame,
all the wonderful things to do?
Where is the mansion of stately height,
with all of its gardens rare?
The silken robes that I dreamed for you,
and the shining jewels in your hair?
And as she spoke,
I was very sad,
for I wanted her pleased with me,
This slender girl from the shadowy past,
the girl I used to be.

So gently rising,
I took her hand and guided her up the stairs,
Where peacefully sleeping,
my babies lay, innocent, sweet and fair,
And I told her that these are my only gems,
and precious they are to me,
That silken robe is my motherhood,
of costly simplicity,
And my mansion of stately height is love,
and the only career I know,
Is serving each day in these sheltered walls,
for the dear ones who come and go,
And as I spoke to my shadowy guest,
she smiled through her tears at me,
And I saw the woman that I am now,
pleased the girl that I used to be!
(Author Unknown, Source Unknown)


***Democrats turn on Obama's Bain attack ad. Well, at least some of them have some sense. 

***          Beautiful.



***Everyone must choose one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret.  ~Jim Rohn

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment