Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Really??!!

***Okay, I guess 3:00 a.m. isn't early enough. I woke up at 2:00 a.m., and that was it. Couldn't go back to sleep, so I figured I might as well go ahead and get up and be productive.

***Teaching dependency.

Today, predictably, the New York Times criticized Congress for limiting unemployment benefit extensions -- that is, 99 weeks of assistance:
The checks are stopping for the people who have the most difficulty finding work: the long-term unemployed. More than five million people have been out of work for longer than half a year. Federal benefit extensions, which supplemented state funds for payments up to 99 weeks, were intended to tide over the unemployed until the job market improved.
The NYT calls these cuts "premature."
But the article also points out:
...unemployment benefits prolong joblessness and simply transfer wealth from one area of the economy to another without contributing to growth.
Exactly. Government handouts undermine job growth. They reward dependency.

And that is *exactly* what the Democrats want. Dependency on the government for our every need. When the government is sending you goodies, you vote for the people who'll keep them coming. 

***No surprise here: Romney clinches GOP nomination. We gotta get behind him now, people. It's either him or Obama.


***Beware the zombie bees.

***


***Brace yourself, this will come as quite a shock: Obama Administration stonewalling corruption investigation.

***How to start running. Yeah, like that's gonna happen. I did get out and walk yesterday. I've really been lax with my exercising, gotta get back into it. I'm hoping I can get a break to lap swim today. Hope I don't fall asleep in the water...

***The 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. I'd love to see that someday. 



***Facebook freefall. Maybe that IPO thing wasn't such a great idea after all...


Basic Christianity, by John Stott
The Cost of Discipleship, by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Desiring God, by John Piper
How Now Shall We Live?, by Chuck Colson
Knowing God, by J.I. Packer
Mere Christianity, by C.S. Lewis
The Pilgrim’s Progress, by John Bunyan
The Pursuit of God, by A.W. Tozer
The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis

I've only read a couple of those...need to get a move on!

***                                                Yo! What up??



***Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.  ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr., Life's Little Instruction Book

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment