Tuesday, May 29, 2012

McDonald's Caves Again

***Y'know, stuff like this is enough to make me get my sugar free lattes somewhere else. The perpetually offended Muslims have succeeded in telling an American business what to do yet again:

According to a report appearing today (5/27/12) on the Arabic news website, Kermalkom.com, the McDonald’s fast food restaurant “abused the Prophet Muhammad by placing his name at the base of a toy that is being distributed as part of the Happy Meal, a toy which steps on the name ‘Muhammad.’”
The toy consists of a blue superhero figurine… It stands on one leg, and, when the lever is pressed, it pounds on the base with the other leg. According to the Saudis, the designs that appear all around the base, where the figurine stomps its foot, is really the name “Muhammad” written several times in circles…
Saudis, “demanding the strongest possible punishment for the restaurant” and insisting that “they will not be silent until this is realized,” further complained how such an obvious insult could pass the supervision of the management at McDonalds.

Oh please. You can see for yourself the Power Ranger obviously insulting the Prophet here.

In response, McDonald’s issued a statement saying, “Get a life, you losers.” Whoops, I mean, of course, McDonald’s has immediately withdrawn the Islamophobic toy from all its restaurants.

***Gonna have to make this fast. I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up for a while to type at about midnight, then reset my alarm. At least that's what I thought I did. Apparently I turned it off instead. Woke up at almost 7:00, darnit.

***Romney has commanding lead over Obama with veterans. Well duh.

The presumptive Republican presidential nominee led the incumbent president 58-34 percent among U.S. veterans polled by Gallup over the past two months. The polling firm noted in its latest report that veterans, which make up 13 percent of the adult population, are mostly older men -- who have tended to support Romney in this race. 

***                                      RAWR!! I Scare You?



***Obama continues to refuse to release his college transcripts. Sure makes you wonder what's in there, doesn't it?

***What an idiot: Al Sharpton says GOP wants to "wipe out innocent people like Hitler's Germany."

***That oughta do it...



***
There was a story of a little girl named Liza who was suffering from a disease and needed blood from her five-year-old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness. The doctor explained the situation to her little brother, and asked the boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying,
"Yes, I'll do it if it will save Liza."
As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the color returning to her cheeks. Then his face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away?" Being young, the boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to give her all his blood.

***The thorns which I have reap'd are of the tree
I planted; they have torn me, and I bleed.
I should have known what fruit would spring from such a seed.
~George Gordon, Lord Byron, Childe Harold's Pilgrimage


***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment