Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lugar Goes Down

***Quite an upset in Indiana. Richard Lugar has been a senator since 1977. He used to be a reliable conservative vote, but he had moderated a bit in recent years. Voting in favor of the confirmation of Sonya Sotomayor and Elena Kagan certainly didn't help matters. He's 80, the guy should be fishing anyway. The only drawback is he almost certainly would have won in November. I really hope Mourdock can retain and build on his momentum. We need to retake the Senate.

***Couldn't sleep last night - hope I'm coherent here. There were a million things running through my mind - Mom was in pain yesterday when I picked her up and took her with me to the Amish store, I hate it that she's over there by herself. She knows she can come & stay with me any time she wants, or my sister or brother for that matter, but as Dorothy would say, "There's no place like home." She's really getting a bit unsteady, so I check on her a lot. That in addition to finances, kids (yes, I know they're grown, but you still worry!), very stressful work right now, etc. etc. etc...doesn't contribute to a good night's sleep!

***North Carolina approves ban on gay marriage. Good for them.

***Obama says he's the "real small government president, not Reagan" Yep, you read that right.

***Biden hits a new low. I know, I know, I didn't think it was possible either...

***Hmmmm...



***A paralyzed British woman has completed a marathon in a bionic suit. This is amazing.

***Now that's cold: Waitress left two pennies and a "My Two Cents" note.

The following note was posted on Reddit by someone claiming that a friend of a waitress supposedly received this note after serving a customer.
It reads:

Waitressing 101
Don't tell every customer you're very busy to excuse your lack of serving skills. Your job is to attend to us, not make us feel like we're an inconvenience. A little bit of personal attention goes a long way in the form of a tip. Just my two cents.

The customer left two pennies for their "trouble." 

***



The New York Post.  Ready for this? "A Health Department inspector bizarrely slapped a Brooklyn bagel shop with $1,650 in fines -- because sesame and poppy seeds fell to the floor while the bagels were being made during working hours. The owner of B&B Empire Bagel Cafe -- who appealed the violations and lost at two separate hearings -- says the inspectors must have holes in their heads.  'It is impossible to clean up after each and every bagel.'"

Wow.

***Elizabeth Warren: Laughingstock. She needs to just shut up and quit while she's behind...

***
                                                      Never Give Up!!!



***Shun idleness.  It is a rust that attaches itself to the most brilliant metals.  ~Voltaire 

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment