Saturday, April 21, 2012

Who's the Racist?

***It's always, ALWAYS, the Left who brings race into political conversation. This is just plain ignorant:

When I first saw the banner this afternoon, the multiple meanings were clear: President Obama‘s policies aren’t working, the Obama presidency isn’t working, President Obama…isn’t working, as in, doing any work. That’s not a nice thing to say about any president, but like it or not, it becomes a more loaded accusation when leveled at our first black president.
Just to be sure it wasn’t just me, though, I asked several friends about the banner, and four out of four pointed out, unprompted, the stereotype of the “lazy,” “shiftless” black man. One of the people I called was cable news fixture Goldie Taylor, who, upon hearing my description of the banner, said “Are you kidding me? You have got to be kidding me.”

So the writer's first, knee-jerk response to the phrase "not working" is connecting it to a black man, and MITT is the racist?

***Not a bad idea, I have quite a movie collection on VHS and DVD. Digitize your home movies before they're gone forever. Sounds like it could get a little expensive, though.

***Today's yard sale and Amish store day! I didn't sleep well last night, but once I finally did get to sleep I didn't wake up until 7:00. Not much time to play before I pick Mom up. There are several interesting sales in the paper, hope we find some treasures!

***Democrats are jumping ship. Well, THAT'S certainly the smart thing to do.

Perhaps Democrats know something the rest of us don't about Barack Obama's political fortunes. What else explains the increasing numbers who are openly defying the president on two key election issues?
The notoriously thin-skinned Obama could not have been happy with the news last week that, as the Hill newspaper put it, "an increasing number of Democrats are taking potshots at President Obama's health care law."

***More reverse racism: This defendant is black, therefore he escapes the death penalty. There is absolutely nothing right about this.

***           CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO GET TO THE EAC?



***Democrats want to limit free speech - again

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, with the support of other congressional Democrats, wants to rewrite the First Amendment and limit free speech when it comes to certain political speech, reports CNS News.

On Thursday, Pelosi “endorsed a movement announced by other congressional Democrats on Wednesday to ratify an amendment to the U.S. Constitution that would allow Congress to regulate political speech when it is engaged in by corporation as opposed to individuals,” CNS News reports.

The amendment that Pelosi and other congressional Democrats endorsed would reverse the Supreme Court’s 2010 decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission that ruled the First Amendment protects a corporation’s rights to free speech — including its right to speak about politicians and their records — in the same way that individuals do.

***Now here's an interesting idea: Condoleezza Rice as VP. Sounds like a winner to me.

***
Dear Lord,

So far today, I am doing alright

I have not gossiped,lost my temper, been greedy,grumpy, nasty, selfish or self indulgent.

I have not whined, complained or cursed,or eaten any chocolate.

I have charged nothing on my credit card.

But I will be getting out of my bed in a minute and I think that I'll really need your help then.

***


***Democrats blasts Romney for polygamist roots - forgetting about Obama's polygamist DAD. What a dolt.



In this Obama Family photo are: (bottom row, from left) half-sister Auma, her mother Kezia Obama, Obama’s step-grandmother Sarah Hussein Onyango Obama and unknown; (top row, from left) unknown, Barack Obama, half-brother Abongo (Roy) Obama, and three unknowns.

***
When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by
the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example
of 'empire building' by George Bush. Powell answered by saying, "Over
The years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and
Women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders.
The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough
to bury those that did not return." You could have heard a pin drop.

Amen.

***Beautiful.



***Time sneaks up on you like a windshield on a bug. ~~ John Lithgow

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment