Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bipolar Politics

***A commenter at the Twitchy blog came up with that phrase to describe Obama's campaigning all week about how awful student loan rates are, then threatening to veto legislation passed by Republicans that would prevent the student loan rate from doubling. Bipolar, indeed.

***What is the "cloud," anyway?

What does it even mean when people talk about storing things in the cloud? It sounds so…nebulous. Pun intended. But don't worry, I'm going to break it down for you.
When people talk about "cloud storage," they are talking about putting documents, pictures, and videos online so that they can be stored and accessed whenever you have an online connection. You need this. 

Great article. It gives the advantages of the three most popular services; DropBox, Google Drive, and Microsoft SkyDrive. I use DropBox for my business, and it's really easy to use.

***Obama "spikes the football" regarding bin Laden. I think it's shameful that despite the fact that it never would have happened without George W. Bush's policies in the first place, he never gives him any credit. It's always about the Boy Wonder.

***Obama has destroyed the US economy. Which was exactly his aim. Mitt's gonna have his hands full trying to right the Titanic, but this is America. It can be done with the right leadership.



What Am I

I am seldom considered, though I do more to influence everything about you than virtually any one thing in your life.  I often control the time you get up in the morning, the time you go to sleep, what you eat and drink and the very thought that runs through your head.  I can make you either happy or sad, loving or hateful, cheerful or remorseful, congenial or spiteful and in doing so, control the very capacity that you have for success. 

No, you don’t often think of me instead you BLAME the problem I create on the shortcoming of others, or the state of the economy, or your family or a million other reasons.  Often at times unable to find anyone else to BLAME you look for shortcomings within yourself on which to lay the BLAME. 

When my impact on your life fully is considered in your every thought and action, when you are mindful of my awesome power, when you nurture and groom me for positive use in your life, I can become more contagious than the most prolific disease ever witnessed by man.  My influence will spread to every person you come in contact with.

Groomed and nurtured in a positive manner there will be no person or obstacle that can stand in the way of my success or fail to be impacted for the better.

'I Am Your Attitude'

 
Author Unknown


  





***I'm up early on a Sunday because I have to get a lot done before church. Having company for dinner this afternoon. Gonna be simple, though, spaghetti and salad. :-)


***
Several years ago a preacher moved to Houston, Texas. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the bus from his home to the downtown area. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, "You better give the quarter back. It would be wrong to keep it." Then he thought, "Oh, forget it, it's only a quarter. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from the Lord and keep quiet."

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the quarter to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change".

The driver with a smile, replied, "Aren't you the new preacher in town? I have been thinking lately about going to worship somewhere. I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change."

When my friend stepped off the bus, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, and held on, and said, "Oh, Lord, I almost sold your Son for a quarter."


~ Author Unknown ~ 


 *** 


***
"Champions are willing to do the things they dislike to create something they do like. Don't let the things that matter most be at the mercy of the things that matter least."
~ Dexter Yager  

***Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment