Friday, March 23, 2012

What a Morning!

***Had my alarm set for 3:00 a.m. because I had a lot to do and was supposed to rehearse a song our trio will be doing for Palm Sunday. I turned it off for "just a second," and woke up at 5:45. Geez, I hate to start the day out that way. Of course, there were a couple of reports that had to be done right away. Needless to say, this is gonna be one of those days! I try to remind myself when I'm getting stressed out about the mountain of work to be done that I'm very fortunate to have it...lots of people don't have any work at all. Therefore, I'll be thankful whether I feel like it or not!

***Obamacare: The Reckoning

***Apparently gun violence is okay if facilitated by the Obama administration. Anti-gun groups display their hypocrisy.

***Dumb thing to say, Rick.

***Brazen media backs up Obama's Keystone lies with dishonest news stories. Nothing new there, I'm afraid.

***Awwww....



***The two lies too many people believe.

Our culture has accepted two huge lies: The first is that if you disagree with someone's lifestyle, you must fear them or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense.

***President Obama's Hall of Blame. This man is shameless.

President Obama has passed the buck to others – mainly George W. Bush – for no less than 13 problems that characterize his presidency, suggesting time and again that his own policies are not to blame for his difficulties and he is simply doing the best that can be done with the cards he was dealt.
Even so, Obama is aggressively staking a claim for successes for which Bush shares significant or nearly all responsibility, including increased drilling for oil and natural gas, the end of the Iraq War, and the killing of Osama Bin Laden.
What follows is a roster of Obama’s efforts to assign blame for 13 problems that prevail or have faced him during his presidency. In several cases, the quotes here are just one or two of many that show Obama passing the buck on a particular issue.

Read the whole thing.

***An Inspirational Person, Jaymac
Author:

In our lifetime, we meet many types of people. The ones that stand out for me are the ones who overcome challenges and have a positive outlook on life. Most recently, I have had the pleasure of communicating with John McLeod, or as he goes by, Jaymac. He writes poetry, and has sent me poems for the site. Through emails, I have had the pleasure of getting to know Jaymac, and his story is an inspiring one. You see, Jaymac became ill at the age of 10. He had a rheumatoid condition that left him disabled. He was only able to walk with the use of crutches. Jaymac is now 60 years old. He retired in 1991, and to quote Jaymac, "I retired in 1991 when my health crashed very badly and my arms, on which I had, literally, 'walked' with crutches for the best part of 40 years finally decided they'd had enough! Most unsporting of them!!!"
Jaymac talks about life and, as you will read in the paragraph quoted below he has a great outlook on life:
"Life, though, is full of compensations and I have been well blessed throughout my 'Life Journey' with good friends met and made along the way. Life is a kind of swings and roundabouts situation; if you can't kick a football you turn to other pursuits. So I read and learned and learned and read, endlessly curious about the World and its mysteries. I loved and love music and movies, good drama, good quality TV, anything scientific, anything, which makes me think about those things, which lie just beyond understanding. I am also a radio-ham holding a full Class A transmitting license since 1979. So while disability imposes its physical restrictions I am able to go out and meet the world via the air-waves. I speak to other 'Hams' all over the world."
We all face challenges in our lives. But how we handle these challenges, how we look at life is truly what matters. We can all look at life one of two ways:

1. we can focus on the good and move forward, or,
2. we can focus on the negative and wallow in self pity.

***


***
"Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock. "
~ Unknown

**Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment