Thursday, March 15, 2012

Unbelievable

***The NAACP is asking the U.N. Human Rights Council to investigate U.S. voter ID laws. Just amazing.

The UN Human Rights Council includes such paragons of human rights – and free elections – as China, Cuba, Saudi Arabia, Libya (elected to the council under its late dictator-for-life) and Burkina Faso, whose citizens are required to carry government photo ID at all times, or risk highly mercurial spot fines. Oh, and let’s not forget Djibouti, whose current president, the nephew of the previous president, won an impressive 100 per cent of the vote in his 2005 re-election campaign.
By the way, if, after they’ve finished testifying on America’s institutional racism, the NAACP are minded to accept any dinner invitations from the council members, I’d be wary of the chaps from Mauritania, a country where blacks are still kept as slaves.

***Tell me again why anyone thinks Jon Stewart is funny...?

***Democrats allegedly behind illegal Rush robocalls. I'm shocked, SHOCKED!

***Chris Rock: Just another liberal jerk.

The New York Times bestselling author of the explosive new book, Hollywood Hypocrites: The Devastating Truth About Obama’s Biggest Backers, Jason Mattera, had his crew’s camera snatched and hurled by comedian Chris Rock when he asked the star why he has called the Tea Party racist (video below).
“I was stunned,” said Mr. Mattera in an exclusive interview with Big Hollywood. “Tea Party members get called the worst things imaginable and still remain peaceful. But ask a big Hollywood celebrity to explain himself and the guy goes ballistic, wrestles the camera away from my camerawoman, chucks it 50 feet, and then challenges me to a fight. It’s unreal. And it perfectly illustrates why I decided to investigate and writeHollywood Hypocrites.”
The confrontation, which took place around 2:00 a.m. on January 23, 2012, at Spike Lee’s Sundance Film Festival after party at Tao night club, ended with Chris Rock challenging the conservative author to a fight, says Mr. Mattera:
“Chris Rock shouted, ‘You want to throw down?  Let’s throw down right now!’ Of course, he was standing safely behind two bodyguards when he said it.”

Don't dare ask them to explain their statements.

***


***Marines asked to disarm for Panetta's visit. I kid you not. What an insult.

***Are parents ruining youth sports? I certainly saw some pretty blatant ignorance from parents when Johnny was in Little League. Berating their kids if they made a mistake, yelling at the coaches and/or umpires, it was embarrassing. I don't see how their kids could have had any fun at all. I would have been a nervous wreck, worrying about making a mistake and getting yelled at for it - not from my coach, but my parents. Pretty sad.


Springfield, Massachusetts, CYOlogo.giffather Timothy Lee Forbes was arrested this past Friday night for allegedly assaulting the winning coach in a sixth-grade championship basketball game. His son was on the losing team and apparently managed the loss with a greater degree of self-control than his dad, who actually bit off part of the victorious coach's ear.

As Dave Barry would say, "No, I'm not making this up."

Some are suggesting that since all of this took place at the Holy Name School as part of the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) sports program that it's something of a black eye on the faith-based community. However, from my perspective, it's a reminder that everyone is susceptible to taking a good thing (in this case competition) and making it into an idol.

***Beautiful:






Nancy Hurlbert, chairwoman of the Lake County Democratic Party, rebuffed veterans who complained about the defaced American flag, even after they showed her the federal flag code banning such disrespect. She finally took it down, but didn't promise not to put it back up.

***
Good Morning!
A sweet little boy surprised his grandmother one morning and brought
her a cup of coffee. He made it himself and was so proud. He anxiously
waited to hear the verdict on the quality of the coffee. The grandmother
had never in her life had such a bad cup of coffee, and as she forced
down the last sip she noticed three of those little green army guys in
the bottom of the cup.

She asked, "Honey, why would three little green army guys be in the
bottom of my cup?"

Her grandson replied, "You know grandma, it's like on TV, The best part
of waking up is soldiers in your cup."


***
                                                   Oh no, you did NOT....


***We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power.  Then will our world know the blessings of peace.  ~William Ewart Gladstone
***Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I never won, so it always made me regret why the family didn't keep me in a good safe school where my grades would have excelled instead of being bullied, and where I was barred from sports because of transfer rules. As a result, I never broke my maiden.

    The pain of never winning still haunts me in middle age, as it reminds me of what could have been. In a satire, I thought of it as suicide off the Ponte Vecchio into the Arno, losing the car on Pinks, or in the most shameful way, the losing horns on The Price Is Right, insulting losers for 40 years, especially if you're playing for an expensive European car!

    I hate losing and I think never winning has been a sign I hate losing!

    Oh, by the way: 4 Him is back -- on Sandi Patty's tour I hear! Got that on my Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4HIM! My all time favorite contemporary Christian group. :-)

    ReplyDelete