Saturday, March 24, 2012

So Glad!

***I'm so glad it's Saturday! It's been a stressful week. Today I will relax a little. I'll have to do some transcribing later, but at least this morning I don't have to rush and get a bunch done before my offices open. That's always a good feeling. Mark, Johnny, and I ate at Bellisimo here in Richmond yesterday evening, it was really good! If you're not from the Richmond area, it's a little locally owned Italian cafe that just opened up.

***Great bumper sticker!



***Indiana's run ends. It was fun while it lasted!

***The more I read about "The Hunger Games," the less inclined I am to read it or watch the movie. Just doesn't sound like something I'd like.

***Oh, I wish this moron would shut up and go away. Jesse Jackson is claiming "Blacks are under attack!" Anything for some camera time. Nobody denies that the Trayvon Martin shooting is a tragedy, but Jesse Jackson is exploiting it for his own ends. I don't think he cares a whit about Trayvon Martin.

...speaking of exploiting, Barack Obama has to get in on this, of course.

From the comments section:

Do you think Obama will do the same for the two white British tourists holidaying in Florida who were gunned down while they begged for their lives with their trousers pulled down, which their gunman, a black 16-yr-old teenager named Shawn Tyson, had ordered them to pull down before he cold-bloodedly executed them? Apparently, the two visitors to our country were murdered by Tyson after they accidentally wandered into his rundown, crime-ruled, drug infested Newtown neighbourhood of Sarasota. . . . Just wondering.

***French teacher urged moment of silence for French killer. 

A French teacher was suspended Friday for allegedly urging her class to observe a minute's silence for serial killer Mohamed Merah, the day after he was shot dead by police.
Education Minister Luc Chatel had called for the teacher to be suspended after her class reported she called Merah a "victim" and said his links to Al-Qaeda were invented by the media and "Sarko", referring to President Nicolas Sarkozy.

***Spring!



***Liberal opposition to Ryan plan is delusional demagoguery. Of course it is. They don't want to do something that might actually work.

It's one thing for good-faith conservative Republicans to challenge the Ryan plan from the right if they believe its cuts are too small and too slow, but these liberal attacks are something else again.

How catastrophic would the nation's fiscal condition have to be before liberals recognized its urgency? Is there any scenario under which they'd consider setting aside their partisan populism to come to the nation's rescue? Are they capable of even temporarily setting aside their redistributionist myopia long enough meaningfully to address the main drivers of the national debt?

As we know, President Obama hasn't addressed and won't address our financial problems. He has never presented a budget plan that even pretends to rein in entitlement spending or comes anywhere close to reducing our annual deficits to less than shocking numbers, much less reversing the debt picture.

***


***
Have you visited a school campus recently?

It's amazing to see the things students are being subjected to these days that promote sexual confusion and stifle Christian perspectives—in the movies, in popular music, and even right in their classrooms. One organization, the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network, has for several years promoted an annual "Day of Silence" to bring attention to its agenda. Students have been encouraged to promote things like "queer friendly proms" on their campuses.

This movement is extremely well-funded, and supported by movie and music stars such as Lady Gaga—and it's intent on getting your children to celebrate homosexuality, or else keep their views to themselves.

But as Christians, we already know that silence is not the answer. When honest conversations are allowed to happen, truth tends to rise to the surface.

Visit dayofdialogue.com to see what you can do.

***Wow!



***

A special place

There is a special place in life, that needs my humble skill,
a certain job I'm meant to do, which no one else can fulfil.
The time will be demanding and the pay is not too good
and yet I wouldn't change it for a moment - even if I could.
There is a special place in life, a goal I must attain,
a dream that I must follow, because I won't be back again.
There is a mark that I must leave, however small it seems to be,
a legacy of love for those who follow after me.
There is a special place in life, that only I may share,
a little path that bears my name, awaiting me somewhere.
There is a hand that I must hold, a word that I must say,
a smile that I must give for there are tears to blow away.
There is a special place in life that I was meant to fill,
a sunny spot where flowers grow upon a windy hill.
There's always a tomorrow and the best is yet to be,
and somewhere in this world, I know there is a place for me.
Author Unknown

***
"Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing. "
~ Helen Keller

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment