Friday, March 16, 2012

Obama-Madness

***

***Folding table from a single piece of wood:


Pretty neat.

***Food pantry loses federal assistance over prayer. This is nuts.

An Indiana congressman is looking into possible "misinterpretation" of federal guidelines after a local food pantry was cut off from federal aid for asking clients to pray, FoxNews.com has learned.
Todd Young, a Republican congressman serving Indiana's 9th District, has contacted state officials regarding Community Provisions of Jackson County, a food pantry in Seymour whose director, Paul Brock, insists he will not stop asking clients if they want to pray with him or one of its 45 volunteers when they receive food.
"It certainly appears there is a misinterpretation of some rules," Young's spokesman, Trevor Foughty, told FoxNews.com. "We want to make sure that no one is being denied the public assistance that they need."
Brock told FoxNews.com that he never requires anyone to pray in order to receive nourishment they need.
"We ask them if they want to pray with us; if they say no, then we just let them go on through," Brock said. "We're not a church. My job is to feed them and if I can pat them on the back and pray for them and lift them up somehow, that’s what I'm going to do."


And the "loving, tolerant" ones on the Left will cheer the decision.


***Three signs you are addicted to exercise.

***
Unknown Author

Last week I took my children to a restaurant. My six-year-old son had
asked if he could say grace. As we bowed our heads he said, "God is good.
God is great. Thank you for the food, and I would even thank you more if
Mom gets us ice cream for dessert. And Liberty and justice for all, amen."

Along with the laughter from the other customers nearby, I heard a woman
remark, "That's what's wrong with this country. Kids today don't even know
how to pray. Asking God for ice-cream. Why, I never."

Hearing this, my son burst into tears and asked me, "Did I do it wrong? Is
God mad at me?"

As I held him and assured him that he had done a terrific job and God was
certainly not mad at him.

An elderly gentleman approached the table. He winked at my son and said,
" I happen to know that God thought that was a great prayer."

"Really?", my son asked.

"Cross my heart." Then in a theatrical whisper he added (indicating the
woman whose remark had started this whole thing), "Too bad she never
asks God for ice cream. A little ice cream is good for the soul sometimes."

Naturally, I bought my kids ice cream at the end of the meal. My son stared
at his for a moment and then did something I will remember the rest of my
life.

He picked up his sundae and without a word walked over and placed it in
front of the woman. With a big smile he told her, "Here, this is for you. Ice
cream is good for the soul sometimes, and my soul is good already."


***Wow.




Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) projected a powerful combination of the charmingly avuncular Southern gentleman and the butt-kicking, name-taking quiet man whom you cross at your peril. He dismissed Obama’s Iran policy as flawed because of its refusal to delineate clear military consequences to Iranian provocation, and stated that if sufficient intelligence were gleaned indicating that Iran was pursuing the bomb, he would personally introduce authorization to Congress for the use of “overwhelming” military force to prevent Iran from enriching uranium to weapons-grade level. The crowd ate it up, and I confess that I’m an avid new fan.

Too bad the only plan our president has is to sit on his hands and hope the problem goes away.

***


***
  • I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying. Oscar Wilde

***Have a great day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment