Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Everybody Ready?

***...for Thanksgiving, I mean? I don't have to do anything, Mark's Mom is taking care of it this year. I'd like to do it sometime, that would be quite a project! Wish Derek & Anne (my nephew and his fiance) could be here, but they're out in California with her family. I'll spend today getting as much done as I can, then I plan not to transcribe one word tomorrow. What a nice break that will be!

***GOP picks up another recounted House seat. We're +64 now.

***Another ACORN employee convicted of voter fraud. DEMOCRATS CHEAT IF THEY CAN. Never forget that.

***More Palin Derangement Syndrome. John Hinderaker over at Power Line demolishes a fact-challenged piece by Richard Cohen.

***Buy your toys for Christmas at Toys R Us if you can - if for no other reason than the Teamsters Union is trying to destroy them. Geez, I hate unions.

***Rush's take on the Korea crisis.

***Obama approval sinks to 39%.


***Those of you who remember John McEnroe will appreciate this answering machine message:

(in the voice of John McEnroe the tennis player)
You dummy! You've called while I'm OUT! Five minutes You've missed me by AT LEAST five minutes. Are you stupid or what? Can't you get anything right? You people make me sick! Leave a message and I'll call you back! BEEP.

***
The sweetest thing on earth
Is not that child upon your knee,

Nor yet the loved one who each day
Walks side by side with thee.

It’s not the morning sunrise,
Nor the rose bedecked with dew,

The breeze that brings the
Honeysuckle’s fragrance unto you.

The sweetest thing’s God’s love
for that small bundle on your knee,

To learn how, when life’s tempest comes,
He’ll calm the troubled sea.

So let Him walk upon the troubled
Waters of your mind.

Give Him your heart, and very soon,
Life’s sweetest thing you’ll find.


By Donna Word Chappell

***The sun shines and warms and lights us and we have no curiosity to know why this is so; but we ask the reason of all evil, of pain, and hunger, and mosquitoes and silly people.  ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

***Have a great day!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment