Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Candles and Chili Weather

***I love the fall! I start lighting my candles again and making chili and vegetable soup. I don't know why those taste so much better when it's cool out, but they do!

***The shoe's on the other foot now. Great analysis by Michael Barone regarding Barack Obama's foreign policy. He unswervingly bashed George W. Bush's foreign policy and would not-and still will not-acknowledge any successes whatsoever, even though they were/are in plain view. Now that he's in charge, he's singing a different tune. Not out loud, and he is certainly careful not to give Bush any of the credit for the advances made in the Middle East, but he is continuing many of the policies he trashed so frequently and unrelentingly during his campaign for president. His kook base doesn't appreciate it, but really, where else will they go?

***Deep-friend cheddar bacon mashed potatoes - on a stick!

***Green Beret who saved 22 lives in Afghanistan to receive Medal of Honor. R.I.P., Staff Sgt. Robert Miller.

***Check out this sidewalk chalk art! Does that look real, or what??


***Message in a bottle found in Ireland. Neat story!

***
Laughter is to life what shock absorbers are to automobiles.
It won't take the potholes out of the road, but it sure makes the ride smoother

Barbara Johnson

***Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. We're sure that computer is made of chalk, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably is 3-D work.

    The Ninth Circus at it again . . . other nations join the lawsuit against Arizona. Why?

    I told a friend this week that I have had it with dance studios if they keep teaching Lady Gaga or RuPaul's Drag Race. I've said this contract I have may be my last and I am planning to switch if I keep hearing the trash. A few friends have done so and I am putting one foot out the door in preparation.

    Hope you love this song . . . I love it and thanks to Warner Music Group's crackdown on YouTube, this song isn't available in English.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3wwJBx4AMU&feature=player_embedded#!

    If eve

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I did a double take when I saw that picture.

    And Bobby, it's easy to see why. The Hispanic/Latino vote. That's all they're after.

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete