Sunday, September 26, 2010

What a Great Time!

***I love having friends over! First of all, our house gets really clean! Secondly, I love the fellowship! I cooked out steaks and pork chops and they were really good, if I do say so myself. I also made a banana pudding, which I ate a couple of bites too much of and was nauseated for about 15 minutes. We played cornhole, and then lit a fire in the fire pit and made s'mores. We have quite a bit of banana pudding left, so we invited Mark's mom & sister over this evening to help us finish it off. Somewhere in between church and then, I have to get some work done!

***Another great thing happened yesterday - we found a great used washer & dryer pair at a yard sale for Emily & Peter. They spend so much money at the laundromat, and we got this pair for $100.00! For BOTH machines! They're Whirlpools, and they're almost exactly like my set. They look like new - the guy said they bought a bigger capacity set and just wanted to get rid of them. I'm glad we were among the first to get to their sale, because when we went back later with the truck to pick them up, they said they could have sold them 10 times. Emily is so excited to have a washer & dryer now!

***What a jerk! John Kerry sums up the Democrats' woes: Voters are stupid.

***Oh my gosh, this is just scary. Check out the First Lady of Camaroon's hair. Sheesh.

***Susan Estrich thinks Carl Paladino isn't qualified to be governor of New York. This from an Obama voter.

***This is an interesting web site for growing Christian families - Quiverfull.com.

***Cute!



***Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.  ~William Arthur Ward

***Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment