***Interesting study in the UK about how much money giving obese patients more access to obesity surgery could save the government. The study was commissioned by a group of bariatric surgeons, though, so I guess the results should be taken with a grain of salt. For what it's worth, it certainly worked for me. Don't let anyone tell you it's the easy way out, though. It's not. You lose a lot of weight in the first year that you wouldn't have otherwise, but maintenance is difficult.
***Here's a small example of how elections get stolen.
***Yet another power grab. They never stop, do they?
***Here are just a few ways the money from the first flop of a Stimulus was spent:
- $6.1 million in federal funding for a new visitors center at the Audubon National Wildlife Refuge
- $700,000 for a professor at Northwestern University to create computer software that tells jokes
- $89,000 on a sidewalk that leads to a ditch in Boynton, Oklahoma
- $554,763 for the National Forest Service to replace windows in a closed visitor center at Mount St. Helens
- $762,372 to create "Dance Draw" interactive dance software
- $1.9 million for international ant research
- $200,000 to help Siberian communities lobby Russian policymakers
- $760,000 to Georgia Tech to study improvised music
- $700,000 to study why monkeys respond negatively to inequity
- $363,760 to help NIH promote the positive impacts of stimulus projects
- $456,663 to study the circulation of Neptune's atmosphere
Kinda makes you want to scream THROW 'EM OUT! doesn't it?
***Here's what small business does for America.
***Man arrested in New York for protecting his family with an AK-47. Hey, if I had one of those and a gang was outside my door threatening to kill my family, I don't think it would have been warning shots into the grass.
***Private sample-sale web sites are soaring, check this out.
***I can't resist...
These pictures crack me up. More at lol.cats.
***As much as I converse with sages and heroes, they have very little of my love and admiration. I long for rural and domestic scene, for the warbling of birds and the prattling of my children. ~John Adams
***Have a great day!