Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Hate Bugs!

***Grilled out some pork chops last night and now I have mosquito bites all over me. I hate those things.

***Interesting study in the UK about how much money giving obese patients more access to obesity surgery could save the government. The study was commissioned by a group of bariatric surgeons, though, so I guess the results should be taken with a grain of salt. For what it's worth, it certainly worked for me. Don't let anyone tell you it's the easy way out, though. It's not. You lose a lot of weight in the first year that you wouldn't have otherwise, but maintenance is difficult.

***Here's a small example of how elections get stolen.

***Yet another power grab. They never stop, do they?

***Here are just a few ways the money from the first flop of a Stimulus was spent:


Kinda makes you want to scream THROW 'EM OUT! doesn't it?

***Here's what small business does for America.

***Man arrested in New York for protecting his family with an AK-47. Hey, if I had one of those and a gang was outside my door threatening to kill my family, I don't think it would have been warning shots into the grass.

***Private sample-sale web sites are soaring, check this out.

***I can't resist...


These pictures crack me up. More at lol.cats.

***As much as I converse with sages and heroes, they have very little of my love and admiration.  I long for rural and domestic scene, for the warbling of birds and the prattling of my children.  ~John Adams

***Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Well, well. After reading yesterday the former "car czar" has a book, it proved what I knew from day one: Obama seized GM and Chrysler as political paybacks since both CEO's gave money to Mitt Romney's campaign. And Fiat's control of Chrysler was worked by Ford, since they have considerable interest in getting the Ford Ka / Fiat 500 microcar built in Eastern Europe to the North American market. Ford said they won't bring the Ka here, but since they're partners in the Fiat microcar, they will profit heavily from Fiat building it in Mexico. Cronyism, considering all Democratic Presidential candidates in 2008 drove the same hybrid Ford (a jacked-up Mazda 626 wagon). Consequentially, none of the GOP candidates bought a new Ford hybrid for their campaigns -- they just drove their standard cars they have (Caddys, SBC-equipped trucks, et al).

    And where's the hype over Ford bending backwards to Obama to let the Chinese do the work for their new police car and limousines?

    ReplyDelete