Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Catchin' Up

***I had an appointment with my bariatric surgeon and nutritionist yesterday in Indianapolis, and I'm doing very well. Not losing as much or as quickly as I'd like to, but that's normal at 2 1/2 years out. I lost 3 lbs, but that ain't much in 3 months. They gave me some suggestions - one of them I knew was coming, the coffee. I drink a lot of sugar free vanilla lattes and mocha lattes. I nearly always get the sugar free version, but I get large ones and at least two a day. Those calories add up. I'm really hooked on them, though, but I have to cut down to one a day. I'm sure that will help jump start my weight loss again. In addition, I'm starting to get a little snacky. Not terribly so, but it's a habit I don't want to get into, so I'm gonna nip it in the bud. Other than that, my blood work, etc., is excellent.

***Check out Entrepreneurship.org. Lots of good stuff there, and it's free.

***When Lefty bloggers are criticizing you and you're as far to the left as Obama, you're in bad shape. Too bad, little fella.

***European terror plot foiled.

***Transcript of Rush Limbaugh's appearance with Greta Van Susteren. Good stuff. Like Rush says - I like Greta because when she asks a guest a question, she lets him/her answer it. Too many - on both sides, unfortunately - ask a question and then interrupt when the guest tries to answer. That's so annoying to me.

***Good reason to get up early:


Gorgeous, huh? This is taken from an airplane - that's a wing you see at the bottom. :-)

***This is a good one:



***Deconstructing Stephen Hawking. Isn't it amazing the completely implausible thinking that a so-called genius can have? These teenagers figured it out, but he can't?

***Sigh...how quickly we forget. President Clinton has the most positives from Americans in this poll. C'mon, people.

***Besides the autumn poets sing,
A few prosaic days
A little this side of the snow
And that side of the haze.
~Emily Dickinson

***Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Slick Willie GAVE US 9/11. Furthermore, the school books of today are praising him as a messiah who pushed the Left. When your feelings, not information, matters, we see what type of President we have.

    A President who needed just the women's vote to win and ensured men were meaningless by selling on emotions is being praised in textbooks. Where's the talk about Usama's August 7, 1998 terrorist attacks or the Peace Dividend that gave us the USS Cole and 9/11?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...stuff like this just makes me nuts.

    ReplyDelete