Monday, August 30, 2010

Finally Figured it Out

***I've been trying to figure out what has been wrong with my shoulders and biceps, Googling my symptoms, etc., and there is one thing that fits perfectly - biceps tendinitis. Makes sense, I've been doing a lot of the overhead weight machines at the gym, swimming laps, etc., lots of overhead work. I've cut back on the weight lifting, now just using my dumbbells at home, walking, biking, and swimming. I think I will try to rest it further by doing the breaststroke instead of the crawl at the pool, and limiting the overhead presses with the dumbbells. Hopefully that'll work, 'cause it really hurts!

***Sharpton, not Beck, distorts MLK's legacy. Amen, Gregory Kane.

King came of age -- and gained his fame -- as the symbolic and spiritual leader of the Montgomery bus boycott. It was a struggle that saw the black citizens of Montgomery, Ala., with dignity and courage stage a disciplined, principled boycott that led to the desegregation of buses in that city.

Sharpton came to fame as a result of the Tawana Brawley mess, where the words "dignity," "disciplined" and "principled" never applied. Sharpton and others accused a white prosecutor of raping Brawley, who was then a teenager. Charges that the white man raped the black girl were never proved, and some claimed they were downright false.

But...he never apologized. Never seemed to care that he ruined that prosecutor's reputation. That was the point. He didn't care that the prosecutor and the other white men were innocent, he's just a race baiter who wanted to stir the pot, and he did so, and continues to do so, with abandon. I can't bring myself to call this charlatan a "reverend," any more than I can say the phrase, "Reverend Jesse Jackson." They are the opposite of what Martin Luther King stood for.

***Sickening corruption. This is the type of thing that got us Sen. Al Franken, the biggest joke in Washington.

***Ann Coulter has a great column out this week. Liberals demand that we take Obama at his word, but where were they when Sarah Palin said she was not Trig's mother? Obama's word is worthless, by the way, a very sad thing to say about the President of the United States.

***Obama's quite a smooth liar, isn't he?

***Guarding Your Heart in Marriage. Every married couple, or soon-to-be married couple, should read this.

***Check out Freedom Alliance - great ways to support our troops!

***Jeremiah Wright says Barack Obama is a Christian. Sorry, Jer, I put you in the same pigeonhole as Sharpton and Jackson.

***I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.  ~Michelangelo

***Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. As I say about Franken, he cost us (the people of South Carolina) a voice by stealing a seat and effectively creating this Senate that has shut us out of speaking.

    As I am learning swimming, I wonder why can't they teach us everything? Maybe I need to watch my crawl. Would eventually want to learn breaststroke and even springboard diving!

    Speaking of swimming, how coarse are the kids? The kids were using such raunchy language while in the locker that I had to report it to authorities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swimming's great exercise, I lap swim 2-3 times a week. Keep it up!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete